If you're like me - mother, working, busy, all-around, then you must've been looking for easier ways to have breakfast while on the go. We're so busy prepping our kids for school, dropping them off before heading to work, then realize you haven't had any breakfast. As a "solution", I finally joined the chia pudding craze. 

I bought chia seeds from City Super, around HK82 for 450grams, muesli, strawberry jam, and Quaker oats. I prepare 5 jars for the week and just easily grab one from the fridge every morning. Either I eat them at the bus to work or have them in the office. 

How I did it: 

1. Right before I put them in mason jars, I poured a glass of milk and about 2 tablespoonfuls of chia seeds. I stirred them and set aside. In about 30 minutes, the seeds have expanded and ready to prepare. Make sure that they're not lumpy as they tend to settle on the bottom. 

2. Then I started layering the pudding. After the chia mixture as the base, I then added a layer of oats, musli, and top it off with strawberry jam. Others prefer to use coconut milk or add honey but it really depends on how you like it. 




Verdict: Personally, I don't easily feel any hunger pangs when I have these for breakfast. Compared to having heavy breakfast i.e. rice-based meal, I would get hungry after 3-4 hours. When I started having these, I felt lighter, not usually famished and could last until late afternoon. Do you also have this feeling?

Meanwhile, if you're looking for office lunch packs guides and tips, I found this helpful post [link] by Positive Health Wellness. Head over for some tips. 


0 Comments