There are those who say that MAC Russian Red has got to be the best red ever for lips and so every woman should have this in her purse. I bought this Chanel Rouge Allure in 99 Pirate and I think otherwise. 


Chanel Rouge Allure
Luminous Intense Lip Colour
99 Pirate
 

chanel-rouge-allure-pirate-review

This 99 Pirate shade is one of the 16 shades in the new Rouge Allure range.  The formula has been reinvented, making it more pigmented combined with moisturising and antioxidant agents to make the lips more supple. 

It is described as deep-blue red while Russian Red, as MAC says, is bluish-red. The Chanel Rouge Allure is housed in a jet black and gold case which comes with "one click release".


I tried it first without a lip balm and it still applied smoothly. Although I already applied a lip balm prior in my succeeding applications. This way, there's extra moisture.  

Chanel promises it to be long-wearing. For me, that is if I don't eat. It lasts on my lips for a couple of hours, without eating. If I do so, I'd have to reapply. 




Here's the instructions card. 



Here's a photo of my Russian Red and Pirate. It's very visible that the former is redder than the latter. Chanel is darker and deeper. 


Here's a swatch on my hand.


Upper lip: Chanel
Lower lip: MAC


The catch is, the price is a little steep. I got it for HK260 while I could get a MAC for only HK135. For the price of one, I'd get to take home 2 MACs. Oh well, it's Chanel anyway.

Price- HK260
Weight- 3.5g

Recent story:

I tried Fenty Beauty Foundation and here's my honest review

2 Comments

  1. Oh thank you! I'm trying to decide between MAC Russian Red and Chanel Pirate. I am extremely cool toned and I know that Pirate will look good on me, but it is also - as you stated - twice the price of MAC. On the other hand, MAC Russian Red may be too warm or too intense for my C2 skin. I think I'll get Pirate and try Russian Red in the MAC store some time. Thanks again, this was a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Rogue lippy is to die for! XD
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete