As much as I love going to Watsons and Mannings, I hate that they are such occasions of impulse buying. 

Just last Wednesday, I was only supposed to buy diapers but before heading to the counter, I checked out the shelves of Revlon and Maybelline. 


After a few testing of this and that, I bagged a Maybelline Impact Express eyeliner.  There was no definite reason for buying this item as I'm still using a Lancome Le Crayon Khol Noir. I just got weak and didn't gather enough strength to not buy it. 

Nevertheless, I have actually used this felt tip liner before and because it's cheap, I did't mind getting one again. Besides, I love this liner! 


Usage:  Because its tip is smooth and sturdy, application is easy. I've tried using a brush before and it just so hard. With this, that works like a pen, I can layer and fill easily. 

This dries so quick. I just need to wink a few times and I could follow through another layer. 

Pigmentation: This comes out very black and thus, dark. 

Price: So affordable at only HK69. 


On the downside though, I have a few concerns with this product. 

Because my eye area could get a little oily, especially when I don't wear powder/foundation, the line smudges easily. When I try to clean the smudge on my lids, it only worsens and leaves a dark shadow. 

Secondly, this product is not waterproof. I worked out one night and I was still wearing the liner. After only a matter of minutes, my eye area became so dark because of all the sweat. It would be better if it were waterproof. What if I was in a wedding or crying tears of joy? My eyes would've looked so messy.

Lastly, this liner consumes more effort in removing than applying it. When I was using a Clinique eyeliner, I just had to clean my face with a foaming cleanser and it's gone. With this, I have to wash my face first and use Clinique eye makeup remove after. Sometimes, I have to wash my face again just to make sure no dark shadow's left. 

Overall, this is a nice product to use. If you're looking for an affordable liner that performs, you should give this a try. 

0 Comments