Since forever, I wasn't the girl who was a big fan of lipsticks. For sure, there are lots of ladies out there who are anything but lipstick junkies, but not me. Even during occasions, I would normally just apply something for the sake of wearing something and I will not bother to retouch. On a daily basis, I could go without a gloss or a tint on my lips but not without blush and mascara. 

Matter of fact, my kikay kit includes one or two lipsticks/glosses, but the day would end that they were never touched. I was lucky to be given lipsticks and lip glosses from time to time but they usually just stay, to the point of expiring, inside my kit. Reason also why I don't bother purchasing even when I already started earning my own money. I thought they will just go to waste.

Last June 2010 though, I had a change of heart. My cousin-sister Ate gave me a handful of Chanel and Dior eye shadows and 3 MAC lipsticks which included Russian Red while her aunt gave me a Chanel Rogue Allure Laque 75 among the gazillion makeups she donated to me. I had no other choice but use them. 

The growing MAC family



After trying the Russian Red and No. 75 one day at a time, I noticed how pale I looked without any. From then on, I started wearing one religiously everyday and retouched every after a few hours, between breaks, and especially after eating. 

Weeks ago, I thought of wearing a different shade and explore new colors. I imagined what else are inside my mini makeup luggage trying to recall if there is something. When I got home, I found lipsticks which are mostly shades of brown and taupe which aren't my type. Finally, I thought of taking on a quest to look for a nice, pink everyday-lipstick after trying that shade from Gaile, my sister.


16 Mar, Wed. 
It was past 6PM and I was alone killing time in Queens Plaza, Admiralty before my Cantonese class started. The route I took was an efficient way for me to pass the time since I was able to to go in and out of the stores. The last major store on my way before exiting was MAC. I've got a few more minutes to spare so I just went in and since I was on a "quest"as well, I didn't hesitate.

I browsed their lipstick counter and tried a few shades of pink on my skin. Right away, I liked Saint Germain. It wasn't supposedly a planned purchase but when it was applied on my lips, with their lip primer, I knew I had to buy it. 

MAC Saint Germain @ HK 130 (PhP 728)
It was actually nice on my lips, almost Barbie-like which was very new even as I look at myself. I first thought that it wouldn't match my complexion but it did. At first, I thought that the finish is matte but with the primer and gloss, it looked different. The saleslady who assisted me was sweet-talking me into buying the primer as well. Amazingly, the creases on my lips due to dryness instantly disappeared after the lipstick and gloss were applied. I was convinced and so tempted to include it on my tab but then I had to keep control and just buy one item first which was already out of impulse, need not add more.

The last photo I discreetly took inside after being told it's prohibited.
My bad.
Now, there's a few more reasons to visit the MAC stores. 

There's Lady Gaga for VIVA Glam. After their Cyndi Lauper campaign last year, it's Lady Gaga's turn. Every sale of the VIVA Glam Lipsticks and Lipglasses will proceed to the M.A.C AIDS Fund. 

@ HK 140 (PhP 789)
And this spring, MAC collaborates with MAC Wonder Woman. This edition comes in mascaras, eye shadows, lipsticks, lipglasses, lashes, eye liners, powder blushes, and many more.

@ HK 360 (PhP 2027)
@ HK 140 (PhP 789)
Russian Red @ HK 140 (PhP 789)
Reflects Glitter @ HK 155 (PhP 873)
 Utility Belt Eye/Face Brush Set @ HK 520 (PhP 2928)
For sure, there's a new addition on my "de-stressing stores" list aside from Ikea. Now, MAC is marked down. 

0 Comments