I've got nothing much in my fridge today except for some beef sukiyaki strips, crab meat, bratwurst, pork chops, and fish fillet. So for today's lunch, I jumped into zee easiest to make since I was feeling a bit lazy due to the holiday. Fried fish. 

Yet to make something special besides the actual fried fish, I decided to turn my cabbage and carrots into coleslaw for a side dish. Good thing I had mayo as well, had I none, I could've just sautéed them.




Ingredients:


Garlic Butter Fish Fillet
-fish fillet (any)
-salt and pepper to taste
-margarine/butter
-garlic


1. Marinate the fish with salt and pepper. 
2. Heat the oil in the pan. Sauté the garlic in butter until golden brown.
3. Lay the fish carefully, then fry.


Coleslaw
-cabbage
-shredded carrots
-onion (optional)
-mayonnaise
-sugar
-vinegar
-milk
-salt and pepper to taste



1. Slice the cabbage into think strips. 


2. Shred the carrots. Mix with the cabbage.



3. Add the wet ingredients,1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon vinegar. Mix everything together. At this point, I added an onion to add strength to the flavour. The salt and pepper were a bit weak compared to the mayonnaise and the vinegar. When I added the onion, it brought their flavour. 


Mashed Potatoes
-mashed potato puree (which I got from PrizeMart here in HK. It's sort of a haven of PX goods)
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 water
-margarine/butter

1. In a pan, boil the water and milk. 


 2. Add the puree and stir. Melt the margarine with the potatoes to add a bit of sweetness.


After doing the three, I went ahead with the plating. And voilà, it looked gourmet-ish. :)

0 Comments