Last night, I was feeling all energised for more cooking. I was inspired to live up to the wife's task, filling the husband's tummy well.

We went for a stroll at the nearby PARKnSHOP last night. At the meat section, I grabbed the pork and liver out of instinct, knowing what to do with them already. I already had "igado" to cook in mind. To at least complete this recipe, I got a pack of frozen peas.

Igado has a special place in my tummy and palate ever since. Our Lola would always cook it on every occasion, be it during a birthday, fiesta, Christmas, New Year's, or whenever she feels like cooking it. I would always sneak by her side while she makes it, at times when it's being simmered or when it's being sautéed. But I made sure that I would avoid the slicing and cutting time which took at least a good hour to finish. She said that it was the most painstaking part of Igado. When it was done, I would make my self visible and present to whatever errand is to be accomplished, mince the garlic, slice the onions, or sauté them. 

Ingredients:
1 lb pork loin, cut into strips
300g pork liver, cut into strips
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsps. vinegar
1 tbsp. cooking oil
2 onions
1 clove garlic
a pack of green peas
red bell pepper
salt and pepper to taste



Procedures after the jump. 


Cooking Procedure:
1. Marinate the pork strips with minced garlic and onions. Pour 1/2 cup of soy sauce. Add pepper.
2. Heat the oil/butter in the pan. Saute the garlic and onions until golden brown.
3. Add the pork marinade. Cook until the pork is almost tender.


4. Add the liver. Cook together.


5. At this point, the sauce might be drying up already. Add 1/4 cup of water and vinegar. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
6. Toss the sliced bell pepper and green peas.

Voilà! My very own version of the Ilocano adobo. 

P.S. My husband gave me a paw after he burped. Good eat. :)

0 Comments