Because my frosting failed last Sunday, I challenged myself if I could actually make it. Yesterday, I already bought myself a kilo of confectioner's sugar at the Twins Company. After the tour with my officemate at the haven of good stuff in Mongkok, I started making the frosting.

Through clicking blogs within blogs, I found the most helpful site for frosting. Here it is, from Bakerella. 

Buttercream Frosting
1 cup (2 sticks) butter 
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 lb. confectioner's sugar
1-3 tsp. milk

1. Cream the butter, vanilla with a mixer. 
2. Add the confectioner's sugar in batches.
3. Continue mixing until you reach your desired texture. 
4. You may tint the frosting after. 



Since I still had a mix of blueberry muffin, I decided to use it for the cupcakes. While I prepared the cupcakes, I was already pre-heating the oven at 350 deg Fahrenheit.

Cupcakes
1. Blend the muffin mix with 1/2 cup of milk. 
2. Place cupcake cups on the tray. 
3. Pour the batter on each cup. 
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. 
5. Check with a toothpick if the batter will stick, if not, they're ready to be cooled down. 



After getting them from the oven, refrigerate the cupcakes before applying the frosting. I excitedly applied the frosting on one of them immediately and it just melted.



I used white and pink frosting for these cupcakes. I honestly have no experience with piping cakes before so I just literally covered the cakes with them. 



I realised that you don't only get impulsive with shopping clothes or shoes but also with baking needs. On the bake shop yesterday, I asked if they had boxes for cupcakes since I put them only on a cake tray. She showed me one and without hesitation added it to my tab. 


So here, I was able to make use of the box. The box had cupcake cutouts to help them immovable and in place, esp. when you bring them from one place to another.


They are so nice to look at and of course, eat. I was supposed to not eat everything I make, just at least try them. When I tasted one of these, I felt I had to get more. I just had to stop. 


0 Comments