Three days of holiday should've been a blast if they were spent somewhere else and not just at home, it's a bore actually. And many of you would agree. So this day, Vin and I put our laptops down and both agreed we need to break the monotony. 

As usual, we went to Tsuen Wan, a bus ride from our lovely village, where the sound of mahjong rumbling on a table from someone else's house past midnight keeps us up at night. 

When our tummies signaled for food, we quickly responded. We thought and mulled over where to eat. Cafe de Coral? Maxim? KFC? McDonald's? Burger King? The usual go-to chains. 

Our feet brought us to Tsuen Wan Plaza where we would supposedly eat Thai Food. Then again, in this restaurant, we were lured by their Western food, especially the sirloin steak, and their dinner set promo: Main course + a choice from A (snack), B (appetizer), C (soup), D (dessert), E (special drinks) which range from $88-$128.



And tonight, the bid went to Cafe Lagoon. 

The dining area was actually big as compared to those fast food chains and even restaurants where there is not much room for movement. 

To start off, we had these.
Cream of Corn Soup
 Next, some greens in vinaigrette dressing.
Green Salad with Smoked Duck
Green Salad
His drink. 
Iced Cafe Latte
Mine. I loved this honey pear tea. If I were with this on a hot day, it would've probably quenched my thirst. 
Iced Honey Pear Tea
Baked Scallop with Sirloin Steak

Vin wasn't satisfied with his main course because he said I ordered the wrong one. He wanted the one with the prawn but what was served to him was with scallop. As per his judgment, the scallop was not fresh and that it was dry. I didn't have the opportunity to taste it though. 

Pardon me for the following photos below for poor resolution. My phone conked out on me so fast that I wasn't able to take shots of the three remaining installment of our sets. :(

These "baked tahong" are very sumptuous. If they've got them in a platter, Vin would've probably ordered them. They were so creamy and all the seasoning played around in all corners of my mouth. 
N.Z. Baked Mussels
Baked Spaghetti with Salmon in Broccoli Cream Sauce
This baked spaghetti is actually good for two slim persons. Again, I wasn't able to finish this one due to the soup, greens, and mussels before this. It was very creamy indeed. And yes, there were tiny cuts of salmon on top with the garnish and somewhere inside. I don't know if it was just me or what but I kept on sprinkling salt and pepper into it. Confused, I asked Vin. Frankly, he told me I was just too much of a salt person. Well, true enough. I could never eat my "baon" in the office without a pinch of salt. I am convinced that I shall bring my own patis and salt there. Haha. 
Fruits & Champagne Cheesecake

And this dessert was put to test. I was a bit frustrated upon seeing how small the cake was. I thought it was a lemon square. And I was even more frustrated when I tasted and finished it. It was amazing together with peach and condensed milk. 


I'd certainly go back for their cake.


P.S.
Baked Scallop & Sirloin Steak Set: $108
Baked Spaghetti & Salmon in Broccoli Sauce: $88
+ 10% Service Charge

0 Comments