Ever since, I had this inclination to baking. I remember I was making cookies when I was on the 5th grade, only with a toaster. I don't remember though if they were edible at that time but I know I was having fun. 

Lately, I've been reading baking blogs, cookie blogs, cake blogs and all. Bake at 350, Bakerella, Universityofcookie and all those sites within their sites. All my inspiration and eagerness had to materialise and so I decided to go to the Twins Company with Jo last Friday before my Cantonese Class. 

I wanted to buy each of everything I saw, the electric mixer, cake rings, cake stands, moulds, cutters, food colors, cake mixes, but I had to control myself and concentrate only on my first cupcake with frosting challenge. 

I bought this Betty Crocker's chocolate cake mix, Crisco (because I contemplated on making my own fondant), confectioner's sugar, pink food color,  and paper cups. 



HK 6 for this type of food color
HK 25 for a Crisco
HK 30 muffin tray


1. This Betty Crocker's is mixed with 3 eggs and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. 
2. Pour on to the paper cups on the tray. 
3. On a pre-heated oven at 350 deg. Fahrenheit, place the muffin tray. 
4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. 
5. Let them cool before frosting.

Now the frosting. 



1 cup (2 sticks) butter (room temperature)

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1b. confectioner's sugar
1-3 teaspoons milk


1. Cream the butter, vanilla with a mixer. 
2. Add the confectioner's sugar in batches.
3. Continue mixing until you reach your desired texture. 
4. You may tint the frosting after. 



After cooling/refrigerating the cupcakes, you may now go ahead and make the frosting style you want. Since this was the first time I frosted, it failed due to much water I put on the mixture. It turned out like glazing that reminded me of the Gonuts Donuts' Strawberry Glaze. 


Not bad for a first time, eh? 

0 Comments