It thought it was going to be an ordinary lazy Sunday until Vin told me he had to drop by Chai Wan to do some work. Either I was going to sleep all day while he was away or I had to get up and hurry to go with him. Soon enough, I decided for the latter. I quickly dressed and ate some tuna pasta from last night then rushed to the mini-bus station with him. 

It was right before 2PM when we got to the Mega Top (?) Building in Chai Wan and I had to be alone to kill time while I wait. On my way to the Island Resort Mall I was already thinking it wasn't a good idea to have gone to work with him.

I strolled around the mall for about a good hour and there was nothing except some Chinese restaurants, Mannings and other small businesses. I decided that the best way not to tire myself out is to eat Tutti Frutti and enjoy it by myself. 

Sumptuous 210g blueberry yogurt all for me. 

After finishing his work, we were already caught if we wanted to head home or stroll further in the area since we were already in the area and Ikea is just somewhere. 

Ikea has always been our part of our itinerary whenever we go out but we never did go. Finally, today, we had no reason to let it pass. 

I've always loved home department stores. In Manila, SM's home products never fail to delight me from the sofas to the candelabras, from the toilet brush to curtains. Here in Hong Kong, even Japan Home Centre would bring me the same enthusiasm towards those stuff. What more with just the thought of going to Ikea. 

At last, I've been to Ikea and my colleague was not kidding and exaggerating when she said she couldn't enjoy and examine the products displayed when everybody is seated on the sofas, eating or sleeping. The place was loaded with people really intending to buy, just canvassing,  or even literally relaxing.

The first stop displays all the big furnitures like sofas, dining tables, cabinets and the like. I thought it was actually just the place but I was wrong. As if someone was touring the customers, we were lead to somewhat the next level where my eyes lit upon seeing the items. The items were dining ware, glass ware, cooking ware, utensils, etc. Price ranges from less than HK 10-up. 



This was what greeted me on the second level, cute white photo frames for HK 9.90. I checked for Ikea Philippines online and saw Invicta which sells Ikea items in the Philippines. (click here) On that website, this Tolsby 4x6" frame is at PhP 90. I was actually eyeing on buying more than one but then a little voice was telling me I am being compulsive again. I looked and it was just Vin telling me. Tsk. 

Can we buy it?
My sidekick in shopping.


After that frame, my hands couldn't stop picking and picking then eventually putting them back from where I got them. Here are the once I've conquered to buy.

BOLMEN Toilet Brush HK 9.90  (PhP 160 in Invicta)
JAMKA Foodsaver (3pc 0.3L/10 oz) HK 8.90 (None in Invicta)
NORDBY Hang Dryer (8 Pegs) HK 5 (None in Invicta)
TOLSBY Frame (4x6") HK 9.90 (PhP 90 in Invicta)
REKO Glass (6pc 17Cl) HK 9.90 (PhP 155 in Invicta)
RAJTAN Spice jar (4pc 15Cl) HK 29.90 (PhP 135 in Invicta)
___________________________________
Total Spend: HK 73.50



I was convinced that I need to go back within the next month or maybe next week. I was telling Vin that I've found a new way to de-stress. I could simply go there any buy those cute and really innovative items and all the stress is gone, hopefully. 



Since it was my first time to have ever gone to Ikea in Causeway Bay or to any Ikea for that matter, I was surprised to see that there is a fastfood at the end of the labyrinth-like store. After paying at the checkout-counter, you're still invited to make Ikea richer. Needless to say, we did that part and ordered 3 of their best-sellers, the Hotdog set, 5pc Swedish meatballs, and their chicken wings. They'all affordable and the fact that the cue is so long, you'll just have to try them. What's more is that, their sodas are refillable and not much food chains are offering it nowadays. 







After digesting all those small but yummy food, I realised that people would really go there from time to time, or even on a weekly basis just for fun and have a good eat, even the "Ate's" are there. Their items/products do not certainly break or wear out in short periods of time, but people don't just go there to actually buy or repurchase. Some just maybe want to sit on their comfy sofas and try what it's like to fall asleep on them while no one is actually prohibiting them from doing so. Or maybe they just really want to eat the HK 10 Hotdog set or the HK 9 Swedish meatballs.

0 Comments