Now that I've gotten older, I learned to enjoy my alone-time.  Although I treasure every moment with my family every time, I take my me-time seriously fun. I take my three-hour-or-so solitude with happiness. 

I enjoy breezing through shops alone-- not to mention being pressured to get out of shops right away-- scrutinizing makeup racks and testers, drinking iced hazelnut coffee at Starbucks, and of course, pampering myself.

When I went home (Manila) last January, I had the liberty, despite the hectic schedule, of going to Let's Face It for a facial treatment. I guess it's been ages since I had my last session there, so I felt utterly free lying on the bed with a cold mask on my face. 


Last 28 February (ahem, payday!), I had the luxury of time to stroll around FACESSS in Admiralty. I actually went there to get something from the MAC Year of the Snake collection, but as I had always been intrigued by Benefit's Brow Bar service, I thought it's high time to try it. After waiting for about 30 minutes for my turn, I finally sat down on their stool. 





When I got there, I was surprised that a guy, a cute guy actually, was the one who will shape my eyebrows. Naturally, I felt a little hesitant but I still went ahead with it-- what the heck.

As I've drawn myself some eyebrows that day, he "erased" them first before finally starting. As he was doing it, he said something that I found very strange,  "Your eyebrows are beautiful". 

WHAAT?? Was he kidding me? My brows are terrible as they are short and "bald". Maybe he meant "clean" because I always plucked the unwanted ones. Well, it was my first time that I received a compliment like that so I was very surprised. On second thought, he must have been just bluffing. You know, sales talk. Haha.

After cleaning my brows, he drew points on them, explaining to me what he will do. He showed me where he'd wax and all. 



It was my first time as well to do eyebrow waxing. I've waxed my pits at home but never my brows. He did put some moisturizer (I guess) to prep my skin that's why it wasn't that painful. 

After almost an hour, I had well-shaped, natural-looking eyebrows. He had to touch them up with brows a- go-go though, but nevertheless, they're still gorge without them. I never thought my brows could look so full and "hairy". 

And of course, he did offer lip waxing, too. For an additional HK50, I had my lips done, too. This part was the painful one, although it was tolerable. It just stung longer. 

As I paid for the job-well-done, I was given a Brow Bar card. 




If I avail 4 more of the Brow Waxing Service at the Brow Bar until 31 December 2013, I will receive a free service! Now, this gave me a reason to have it regularly. 




Besides brow and lip waxing, they offer other services for the bikini and underarm areas.  I must have misplaced the flyer he gave me but it included the fees for their services. For these services, they will be done at their boutiques in Shatin, Tuen Mun and Kowloon Bay. 

Brow waxing: HK150

Lip waxing: HK100

Recent story: 

I tried Fenty Beauty Foundation and here's my honest review

0 Comments