Ever since high school, I've learned and got used to my hair dyed. The instant my first hair color was done, I knew I was born to dye my hair.


Every now and then, when the roots are already visible, I would then decide whether I'd just color my hair by myself or let the hairdresser to it. Normally, I'd go to the hairdresser if I want to have it straightened at the same time.

Last night, I headed to Mannings to buy one. This time, I didn't want to go to the salon because I still want my hair to be curled, bunned, swept left and right, or tied. With straightened hair, I will not be able to just any of them.

So I bought this Revlon Colorsilk 72 Strawberry Blonde. I chose this because my roots are dark that they are almost black and in order for the color to really come out, the dye should be lighter.

I went ahead and mixed everything on the white bottle, shook it and applied on my hair per portion. I did my roots first and let it stay for about 20 minutes. After that, I continued with the rest of my colored hair. I let it stay for another 20 minutes.

40 minutes passed and I was already rinsign my hair with shampoo. I did it for a few times then finally applied the conditioner from the kit.

Finally, after blowdrying, the hair came out as expected. It looks more of the brown shade to me than it is of the redder side. It looks natural as if I was born in it.

If there's one thing not to like, it's the strong smell. I actually did it in the bathroom of our house and I turned on the ventilation so I don't inhale the fumes. Even with it turned on, the smell did sting and gave me a little headache. Ok, maybe it's my fault I didn't put on a mask or something.

Even if I overlooked that small detail, this is still a good buy. At HK 42, I saved a not-so-necessary-trip to the hair salon.

Recent story: 

0 Comments