Isn't it strange that I sometimes walk with my head down? Not because I'm ashamed or anything, but I'm actually looking at what shoes women are wearing. Weird, right?


Well, it all started months ago when I ventured into the shoe business. It's one thing to look at the glossies for current styles for inspiration, but it's something else to actually look at what they usually wear. Kind of like a survey going on in my head every time I check them out.

Some of them wear skyscraper heels, wedges, sneakers and Chucks, and most wear flats. But never did I connect their shoes with their pesonality. I didn't think it would make much of a sense to correlate it. At least, not until this morning when I read an article from Stylecaster.

According to the fashion website, an experiment has been done by the University of Kansas and found that we can actually judge a person just by looking at their shoes.

Now, that's interesting.

photo from ggrightsize.com


This is because the researchers have found that the participants were able to "correctly" judge the strangers' age, income, political affiliation, emotional and other traits by examining the style, cost, color of condition of the shoes.

In the study, they found:

- expensive shoes belong to people with high income
- flashy colors belong to the extroverts
- shoes which are not new but spotless belong to the conscientious types
- practical and functional shoes belong to the agreeable ones
- ankle boots fit with more aggressive personalities
- and the uncomfortable-looking shoes belong to those with calm personalities

Do you wonder now what your shoes will say about you? Will you change the shoes you will wear to exhibit a certain trait/personality?

As for me, I'm quite not yet convinced as thedidn't mention anything about flats and heels. Haha.


Nevertheless, I wonder myself how people will judge me according to the shoes I wear. That would be interesting now that I am imagining it.
To read further, you can visit Medical Daily.

0 Comments