When I saw the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, I thought of buying all of them, at HK98 each, they're pretty affordable. 

Last night though at IFC, I passed by Clinique and saw the huge colorful poster of their chubby sticks. In a heartbeat, I stepped in and asked the lady for the sticks. I swatched most of them on my wrist because I was looking for something pink or nude in particular. I was liking 14 curvy candy on how the color shows on my skin. 

I was thinking of buying more than one but when I asked for how much each is, I decided to buy just one. One stick is HK150 and it is almost as expensive if you think of it as just a balm stain. 

When I asked the lady if I could try it on my lips, she took out a cotton bud and scraped some from the balm. I guess it isn't the best way to try on a balm but of course for sanitary reasons, you have no choice but smother that bud on your lips. The moment I tried it on, I was already putting on so much, I even asked her if it was how the shade it should be on the lips. Without a reply, I still bagged the 14 curvy candy one. 

The verdict: Yes, it is moisturising, but I couldn't see enough color. 


If you want it as a balm, it won't fail you. But if you want it to stain on your lips, it won't stain that much. 

Here's the swatch on my skin. See how there's color on my skin. 


Here's the actual on my lips. Where did the color go? It didn't do much staining on my lips. It was just waxy and moist. 



Will I buy another from chubby sticks? Maybe not. There are a few balms out there that could do pretty much the same as this. What's for sure is, I'd try those Just Bitten from Revlon and see the difference. 

P.S. So sorry about the change in resolution. I couldn't take my lip shot myself from the DSLR cam. I had to use my phone to take it. 

xxx


0 Comments