Since I've started harping on how excited I was about my wedding down to its details on my previous blog, let me add on to it.

When I got pregnant, we weren't actually planning on having a church wedding just yet. What we thought of was to have a civil wedding first so that we have ample time to process my visa here in HK. The church wedding was not yet in my mind.

And so the drama in my life went on and finally reached a decision where we have to be wedded in the church. So to have God's blessing.

In less than two months, I have to get everything in order and prepared for that day to make it memorable for us and for our guests to witness.

bali garden las pinas


1. The Wedding Gown

For many brides-to-be, this aspect is the most important for them to focus on. Details of the gown's design are given much scrutiny down to the designer who will create it. Women in high society, of course, choose the designer based on his/her name and fame, I think works come last.
But for those who can't afford those designers, they opt for the ready-mades available in the department stores, in Divi or in Baclaran.

Luckily for me, I have an officemate friend who designs and creates casual dresses. I have so much trust and confidence in her works that most of my office outfits were from her. I take pride in walking the aisles of our office while I become one of her walking mannequins. She would usually bring swatches, in fact, the swatches were already permanent in her mobile cabinet. In no time, ladies and guys would come to her cube to choose swatches, designs then for their measurement. And yes, even the bosses.

With her increasing popularity, one guy friend of ours put a paper signage on her cube which said, "Seamstress available." Even the head of the department, an expat, came to her after office hours to congratulate her and tell her that one of her daughters would like to buy a dress from her.

So there was no question that the she was my first and only choice. I need not look so far that time. To not accentuate my tummy so much, I just chose a halter gown.

I wasn't so much into details so I just told her that I wanted it kinda lacy and when I got it I was impressed by its simplicity and elegance to think that I had just given a few instructions on how it looked. She didn't fail me when I told her I will leave everything to her also because I left for HK for two weeks.

It was her first time to create a wedding gown and mine was her debut. Her "package" came with all the other stuff a bride needs, a small bag, a fan, a pair of gloves and the veil. To much of generosity, she already spared me from canvassing every wedding boutiques for the
arrhae, cord, candle and veil for she included all of them as well. And all these only for PhP 6,500. It surely was a small price to pay for a dress that made me look sublime in my own rights that day.

Cost: PhP 6,000
Contact Person: Andrea Foz at +63916-7475036
http://shopaholicgal00.multiply.com/



2. The Motif

Even before, I've always imagined how the color of sunflower to almost gold would look tastefully fine during my wedding day.

For every wedding preparation, the motif is the springboard. Without it, you can not progress to other major decision-making aspects like the sponsors' dresses, souvenirs, invitations, centerpieces, mantles, and everything else.


3. The Other Girls' Dresses

Having decided already that the sunflower-ish/golden
yellow is my motif, I needed to design on my bridesmaid,
maid-of-honor, and the secondary sponsors' dresses.

Like mine, I decided theirs would also be haltered floor-length dresses.

The flower girls dresses were simply made spaghetti- strapped ones. Thanks again for my designer for including the petticoats and their baskets.

Total cost: PhP 12,000
Contact Person: Andrea Foz at +63916-7475036
http://shopaholicgal00.multiply.com/


4. The Wedding Church

The church where we were wed was not my top of mind. It was actually St. Jerome Emiliani and Sta. Susana Parish in Alabang, near Town Center was my first choice since we went there to hear mass a couple of times while we were still dating.

So I personally inquired there for the requirements, the church's availability etc. When I told them my preferred date, I was quickly advised that they couldn't accommodate me because the parish priest will be on vacation leave for two months. Questions clouded my mind as to why there'd be no weddings if he is on leave, does he not have a substitute or something? But I just ignored them and thought of what's next on my list.

Second on the list was the Nature's Church aka Mary Immaculate Parish in Las Pinas where We also went to hear mass. At the same time, this was where I was baptized.

I thought, to make this more church more memorable, why don't I get married here. Unfortunately, we lacked a few requirements when we inquired at their office. We needed to submit all the documents at once before they could even entertain us.

After stopping at that church, we headed to Mary Mother of the Church Parish in BF Resort Village (in Las Pinas as well). It was just one drive since there exists Friendship Route which connects Moonwalk Village and BFRV. That way, we didn't have to drive along Alabang- Zapote Road which is and has always been congested.

That same day, we were booked at the MMCP. All they needed that time were just the cenomar, baptismal and confirmation certificates to accommodate us at our most preferred date.

They offered 3 wedding packages: a) PhP 1,000 for use of the church only b) PhP 3,000 for the church and red carpet c) PhP 5,000 for the church, red carpet, aisle artificial flowers, and choir.

Of course, we decided on getting the PhP5,000 package.

Before finally closing the deal, they scheduled us for the Pre-Cana and Family Planning Seminars, interview and confession. I remember, it was during the typhoon Ondoy (Ketsana) when the interview was scheduled and they didn't postpone it.

The church was big enough to accommodate more than 100 hundred people. The guests who made it at the ceremony were close to a hundred yet the church still looked empty. Right after the wedding it was already full because of the parishioners were already waiting for our wedding to end and for the mass to start.

Cost: PhP 5,000
Contact Person: Kaye of MMCP at +632 873-9287

5. The Wedding Reception Venue

As for the venue, I just had two options, one was in Ysabel's Garden in BRRV and the other was Bali Garden situated along Coastal Road exit. Ysabel's Garden is obviously smaller unlike Bali. As per the former's management, their garden can accommodate 150 people or 10-15 tables. Looking at their sample execution of 10-15 tables, there isn't enough room anymore to walk around.

There was no question that I would have to choose Bali back then.

Right when I saw Bali Garden, I instantly fell in love with its ambience and feel. The place is ornamented with mini-Hindu god bronze statues to create a more Indonesian feel. At the center of the ceiling, a capiz chandelier hangs which makes the venue more breathtaking at night.

In my mind, I thought it was paradisaical.

The Bali Garden already offers their own catering services. You can not rent the venue alone which leaves you no choice but to avail of their services as well.

Their menu starts at PhP 400 to PhP 600 per head with a variety of regular to premium dishes. They also gave me the flexibility of mix-and-matching the dishes thus creating my own set menu.

I chose the PhP 500 set menu and it included Cream of Mushroom Soup, Pot Roastbeef, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Prawns Thermidore, Seafood Paella, Mongolian Vegetables (cooked on the spot), Plain Rice, Fresh Fruits, Buco Lychee Salad and Iced Tea. We added a medium sized Lechon which they also offered to the tune of PhP 4,800.

To make my planning easier and to spare myself from tedious canvassing and bargaining, I also availed the wedding cake from one of their suppliers. It was a three-layer chocolate cake covered in yellow fondant. At the reception, I was already getting tired I forgot to enjoy the cake or even to rate it. But luckily, we were able to bring home what was left of the cake and when I ate it in the morning, it was so chocolatey. It was actually moist inside and the chocolate oozed in my mouth. It was worth it at PhP 4,500.

Edmond, the management's secretary was kind enough to give us the chocolate fondue for free. It came with colorful marshmallows and chocolate wafer sticks. During the reception, I saw that the kids and the "feeling" kids really enjoyed it.

On top of the whole lot of things we got from them, we also hired their sounds supplier. This was again to save me from clouding my head with too much suppliers. It cost me PhP 4,000

Contact: Bali Garden
Brgy. Longos, Coastal Rd. Exit, Las Pinas City
+632 4946196

bali garden wedding package

bali garden las pinas wedding package
6. The Wedding Videographer and Photographer

Days were already approaching the big day and yet I still hadn't had a photographer in mind. After seeing Cheska Garcia's wedding video in YouTube, I was impressed by Jason Magbanua's work and I wanted to avail of his services. I searched him on the web and I stumbled upon his website. Indeed, he is very artistic in his craft.

Then I saw his rates. His rates totally changed my mind as it was way beyond my budget for a
photographer/videographer.

I had to settle with someone within our budget.

Back in Bali Garden's office, there were piles of wedding albums on the coffee table. I looked at them and Edmond told me those were from their suppliers as well. He handed me their brochures and I reviewed each of them with the help of my friend, Von.

Eventually, I decided to hire Ambet's Photography. Their package included: one DVD of video in non-linear editing, one videographer, one lightsman, 100 photos in a 22-page magnetic storybook photo album (8x10), one 16x20 portrait in frame, one 16x20 signature frame (but instead of this, I chose to have a family portrait), one 2x5 tarpaulin (I said I didn't want this), pre-nup shots (we didn't have enough time for this, too bad), and two photographers. In the original package, it just included one photographer, but thanks to my friend, we got two. Since I didn't make the most out of this package, they offered making me 100 photo thank you cards. Nice. But since they gave it on the day of the event, I wasn't able to put them inside the souvenirs' baskets.

Their services: PhP 20,000
Contact Person: Ambet/Anicia Musni at +63905-3816903

7. The Wedding Invites

Since I had already decided the motif, it was easy deciding for the rest like the invites, souvenirs, dresses, table arrangements, etc.

For the invites, we chose Creative Prints. We ordered 50 sets of classic rectangle invites (5" x 7") with main invite, entourage list, envelopes, envelope sticker seals, reception/rsvp cards, and FREE save the date magnets (2" x 2").

Total: PhP 5,000
Contact Person: Arlene Calleja
Creative Prints
Unit 1104 Alpap II Bldg., Trade St. cor. Investment Drive, Madrigal Business Park, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
+632 772 2792

8. The Souvenirs

It was less than a month before the wedding when we finally nailed our souvenirs.

I was already stressed at it since I had to live for HK within that one month before the wedding and I had no invites and souvenirs yet.

While we were in Mall of Asia for our supposed pre-nup shoot with our friend from The Picture Company, we walked inside Regalong Pambahay. I've always been a fan of their creations because of their unique designs.

As I roamed inside, I saw some little glass cones designed with ornate beadwork with a tea light candle inside. It can be hanged like a mini-chandelier. I instantly asked for their current inventory so that I could buy them for our principal sponsors. They had to call their branch in Mega Mall to complete my order.

Luckily, they still had the items since they were on sale. I paid for the order and told them I'd pick them up when I get back from HK.

Cost: PhP 1,500

For the guests' souvenirs, we took a trip to Divisoria. It is a haven just for anything. You can find anything you're looking for from wholesale gift items to clothes. It's just that you have to guard yourself and your belongings from pickpockets.

Two of my friends were there, again, Von and Xiao. They were there to scout for some balloons for a debut they were going to organize and at the same time help me out. Von brought us to the street where souvenirs for all occasions dwell.

I couldn't make a sound estimate as to how many stalls there were because they were just so countless. It felt like the street never ends. In every stall I passed by, I scrutinized their items and rated them in my mind. Not long enough, something caught my eye.

I stopped by that stall to look closely at a small glass lamp. It was like a mini "gasera" which was about 4-5 inches tall. That lamp came in different colors-- in red, blue, green, and gold. To match my souvenir with the atmosphere in Bali Garden, I chose gold.

Beside that stall was that of wrappers ang bags. They offered bags made of abaca. And since those lamps didn't come with boxes, it didn't take long for me to buy mini bags of abaca so that we could just put the lamps inside.

I bought a hundred lamps of each. The bags were PhP 4 each while the lamps were at PhP 17.

Total cost: 2,100

9. The Wedding Missalette

It was at the last minute before my wedding when I finished the missalettes. I didn't know it was important until I was already holding and reading it by the altar.

Back then I was happy with myself for doing it personally. I was nearly thinking of not making any.

The secretary of the Church gave the missalette to me in a plastic folder. She told me I could retype everything as long as I give a copy to the officiating priest, Msgr. Ocol.

That night I typed everything on the missalette. I was careful not to copy even the names of the missalette. I even managed to design the front page with our names with a big doves at the center rather than just indicating our names and the wedding plainly. Yet, it still turned out plain and simple.

That time, my husband's laptop didn't have MS Publisher so I had to go to Netopia and get help from the guys there. Fortunately, the guy was so helpful in guiding me how to start a project in Publisher as it was my first time to use it. It took me an hour or so to lay out the pages correctly. While I was doing it, I remembered what my boss told me about their missalettes. It had been arduous for them since they manually fed the papers on the printer. And it hadn't been any different for me or the guy from Netopia. I could see on his face that it was already getting difficult as the pages getting messed up.

It took him a few bond papers and quite a sweat on his face when he finished the missalette. I made a few copies which were to be distributed before the mass. Good thing I had them photocopied because the Priest's voice didn't come out so loud from the speakers.


10. The Bridal Car

This one was one of the details of the wedding resolved last. We didn't have the luxury of time to find for a bridal car. I was already pressed with time and I had no car yet. If there was a carriage it would be more likely that I used. Good thing that a friend let us borrow their for free.

11. The Flowers

It was after the Typhoon Ondoy that I learned that the supplier of the flowers and bouquets had to back out.

They told me that because of the typhoon they aren't sure if there are available flowers from their supplier as well. I was about to breakdown and panic when I realized that one of our friend's mom arranges flowers at our Parish church.

Right away I contacted her and she agreed to do it. Though she advised me that due to the typhoon, the flowers, callalilies, which I preferred the most might not be available. There wasn't so much time to contest and be picky about.

That morning of my wedding, my brother picked up my bouquet, my sisters and my mom's. They had helped him install the bouquet on the car as well.

My bouquet was simply beautiful with all the white roses arranged perfectly. The others as well were admirable. The church's altar and aisle were filled with flowers which I honestly don't remember what kind of flowers they were. As long as I knew they were there, I didn't need to stress myself.

At the end of the mass, we decided to just leave the flowers there donations.




12. The Wedding Song and the Singers

The wedding song is one of the hardest to decided on, if you don't have any "theme song" as a couple. As we don't have any, it took me a long time to reach a decision. I had already singers in mind but not the song. As a matter of fact, the singers were the first that I've dealt with.

The singers were no other than my blockmates back in college. They are a 6-a capella singers who started out by just singing Boyz II Men songs during class breaks.

Not long after, they've been discovered in school and were asked to sing during school events.

They were so good they were part of an a capella album under Star Records (if I am not mistaken) together with their famous contemporary in Manila, the Akafellas. They also had their share of promoting their songs on music TV shows and over the radio.

I've loved how they sang in a capella and how they arrange songs and sing it without any instrument. One of the best songs they've rendered was 'N Sync's "I Thought She Knew". When I heard it, I said to myself I wanted them to sing in my wedding.

That day came and yes they sang for me. It was a dream come true because they were already telling me they might not make it because they aren't gonna be complete. They sang without their bass singer but they still sounded like guy angels. They did their version of "This I Promise You". Though I hardly heard them as I was busy fighting to hold my tears steady in my eyes. I walked pretty fast that they didn't even get to the chorus.

But they didn't let that special day end without me hearing it once more. At the reception dinner, they serenaded us as if they were lulling us to sleep while eating.



13. The Wedding Coordinator

I am more than thankful to my friend, Von San Juan (Flipbox Productions), for helping me get through this wedding. I had accomplished everything in time with his support, telling me what I needed to do or buy. While I was here in Hong Kong for two weeks, he'd been remotely coordinating with the suppliers for me.

At the venue, I was just taken aback to see a tarpaulin for a photo booth (no instant printing, though), a wide screen and projector which was used to show their surprise video for the two of us. I wasn't planning on getting a screen since no visual presentation was part of my programme.

Our thanks also to Caloi Suzara, also part of Flipbox, for entertaining us at the reception.

We also appreciate Vanessa Patrimonio, Aeds Benipayo and Xiao Hernandez for helping us make that night more memorable.



14. The Performers

It was like a day or two before the wedding when the performers during the reception agreed to sing. Since I didn't hire a band, I asked my cousin, Jireh Redoblado, if he could play the guitar as the sole accompaniment for the singers.

The singers were no other than my sister, Genie, and a friend, Eulyn Juan. As for my sister, she actually had no choice but to do it. I kind of forced her to do it, but she gladly did so. Eulyn, on the other hand, was kind enough to sing for us despite of her schedule.

They were the only ones lined up to "perform" that night except when a relative of my husband coerced Aika Grande-Jordan to sing. It was an impromptu but her voice sounded like she was prepared at all.







So I think I've mentioned everything from the pre to post wedding. All these might have detailed the planning but not much how elated I felt that day for having been united as one with my one true love (yah, I know it's cheesy) with God as our witness.

Recent story:

[VLOG] See what I did in Paris in 2 days


I tried the Fenty Beauty Foundation and here's my honest review

11 Comments

  1. this was very helpful!! glad i found this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that this helped you a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog! very organized...
    thanks dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late to reply, but, thank you very much! :)

      Anne

      Delete
  4. just want to ask if the venue was free?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quality catering is important to make sure on time, and tasty food are made. Imagine what would be the guests, bride and groom's reaction if food are tasty. Perfect venues! Awesome shots for photography. Congratz! :)

    Zonia Cruz
    catering Alabang

    ReplyDelete

  6. This is a very nice post. It is also very helpful for us. I have been searching this types of the tutorial because I love games,gift cards,digital codes,DIGITAL-GAME. Some day ago I read an article about Games, but this post is better than post.
    Also i know a website about Wholesale Gift Cards | wholesale Digital codes www.icodeswholesale.com
    Computer-Software,Daily-Deals,Gift-Cards,DIGITAL-GAME,Digital Codes Wholesale,wholesale Digital codes,digital codes, goods, gift cards & video games.
    Wholesale Gift Cards | wholesale Digital codes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this valuable post. We know that the budget is the first on the list. Good job Anne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very helpful as I'm also choosing from Ysabel's Garden and Bali. I've heard negative comments regarding Ysabel's about the catering services. Could you let me know if Bali Garden's venue is free of charge if you'll get their catering service? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete