If you haven't heard, Mr. Christian Grey, that extremely handsome, filthy rich, lustful, not to mention sadist, mysterious guy, has been effing the brains of women of all ages, from every corner of the world. While Ms. Anastasia Steele, his sex interest, becomes the envy of all.


More after the jump.


A very good friend of mine talked me into reading this book. She said she has been reading it for nine hours straight, couldn't simply put it down. Confessing that she isn't usually a bookreader, I supposed it must really be a good one. Then the words she described it made me more interested than ever: erotic.


Giving in, I agreed that she send me the pdf files. That night, I started to read it in my mobile. It didn't get me interested at first because I wasn't happy reading it from an approximately 3x5.5 amoled screen. It was just so small, I was having a headache. Finally that afternoon, I called up my husband to buy the first installment for me. The obedient that he was, he did so.

After flipping onto the first chapter after dinner, I sleepily, reluctantly put down the book at half past 2 in the morning. I was already in the middle of the story. And indeed, it was so intense I was able to dream of it. Something was burning, and it was me. Two days after, I was tearful and sad at its ending. It felt like my heart was being pounded, too. Right now, I am onto the next book, Fifty Shades Darker.

Verdict:
I ultimately liked it because it's a different kind of book. Even I was taken into a world unknown, like a tabooo, but it was surprising. It feels surprising, makes you want to explore something new.

0 Comments