It’s been a month exactly MONTHS since I got my Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r foundation and have been using since daily. I wanted to try it out first and be confident about the wear and results so I kind of took my time reviewing it.

I’m pretty sure you’re looking to find answers if it’s really worth the price and hopefully, you’ll find them here.

Let’s get down to it....

Packaging
It’s a very sleek, minimalist black and white packaging. The foundation comes in a frosted bottle. The pump is very simple to use and gives off fair amount in one pump.







Shade
The first and foremost challenge is finding the right shade. There are a lot of range and finding  the one out of the 40 is more of a hit or miss especially here in Hong Kong when there’s no brick and mortar Sephora store. I got shade 240 and it was a hit for me – it’s the right shade for my skin tone.
Hint: I actually watched a lot of YouTube videos for tips on finding the right shade. I stumbled upon this video and thought we have “almost” the same skin tone. Hence, the 240.

Coverage
There are those days when I wanted to scream at my hormones and just tell them to get off my face. But fortunately, there are products out there to help you just conceal them. Previously, I’ve been using Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Swirl Compact, and it did just that. So when I got this Pro Filt’r, my expectations are a bit high.

And of course, it delivered. It promises full coverage and conceals nasty spots and blemishes. For best results, I generously use 2-3 pumps of it.




Matte Finish
When I applied it, I was first using my fingers to spread throughout my face. It is actually easy to glide and but it mattifies quite instantly so I’d have to do the routine a little faster. The finish is matte without that powdery feeling. I also didn’t have that cake-y feeling but instead, it felt very light on my skin.

I also have oily skin but with this foundation, it somehow controls it and keeps it that way throughout the day. Interested to know what others are saying about the foundation, check them out here.

Breakout
Needless to say, I have kind of a sensitive skin to begin with. That’s why I usually stick and love products that are good to my skin. It’s really a good investment if your skin and the product I use are not against each other. So this I would say is a good one – for a month now, I have not had any breakouts or anything. Definitely a good thing!


Pricing

I got this Sephora, well, my husband did--a gift for our anniversary. It retails for HKD280.00 and we also got a Sephora cheek tint for HKD70 so it was free shipping to HK. I thought it's relatively a good price point considering Clinique could get more than HKD250++, MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation is HKD340, Bobbi Brown's range is about HKD580. I'd say you'd really get the value from this Fenty foundation.

Have you tried one? Did you like it as well? :)

0 Comments