Ever since I needed to use a facial wash, I have always used either Clinique or at times when I've run out of the former I just the go for the regular Pond's. 


Admittedly, Clinique is a pretty much expensive beauty regimen to maintain. But thanks to our ever beautiful Titas for my sisters and I have gotten free supply of the brand since Day 1 of our puberty when those nasty zits would pop from time to time. 

Step 1-2-3 and some extras

Since then, I've regularly used the Clinique Step 1-2-3. That time I thought my face was doing fine because not much pimples were breaking out every time I used it. However, what  I've always thought though is that my face was uncontrollably oily. After my makeup wears off in the middle of the day, my face would just become so oily and shiny. At that time, I didn't have much choice. It was either risk trying other facial wash and get pimples right after using it or stay oily for the rest of my life. 



Just recently, I zeroed out my pump liquid wash (which I consumed for almost 10 months) and was thinking if I will buy the same thing or venture into a buying a different brand. Yet, I had no brand in mind. Desperate, I rummaged through all my makeup kits, all pasalubong from an aunt, to find something. Fortunately, from all the goodies she gave, I found a small Shiseido facial cleanser tube and gave it a try the night I found it.

My Shiseido mix
Shiseido Pureness sample at 7ml, consumed, in the bathroom

Usually, after switching from Clinique to another brand a zit would always pop out the next morning. That morning after the Shiseido Pureness test, there was none and I thought that this brand and I might be getting along well. Days after, it still served me well, no pimple and all. What's more is that the oiliness on my face has lessened. In the middle of the day, my T-zone is not shiny as compared before. 2 weeks after, I've consumed the small thing and got me convinced that it's time to upsize. 

More reasons why I liked it:
1. One more positive thing about this, is that I noticed that the eye makeup I wear gets cleaned using this. Unlike using Clinique, I would still need to use a makeup remover to make sure there aren't dark shadows on my lids before I sleep.
2. A small amount will lather already and is good enough to cover the entire face.
3. The scent is not so strong as compared to Clinique which made me want to sneeze sometimes. 
4. The beads/granules don't hurt at all even when you rub it hard. 

What I don't:
1. When I started using it, I had a zit in between my brows. Clinique is good at drying my acnes and it lightens right away. With Shiseido though, it took more than a week for me to notice it has lightened already. 

Mother and baby Shiseido Pureness
Since I was already decided, I started visiting every Sasa/Colourmix I saw. I have visited several branches to no avail of the Pureness. Last Friday, my officemate and I strolled around United Center to eat before our Cantonese class started. When we walked past Sasa, I didn't miss the chance to check it out. After skimming their shelves, I still didn't find any Shiseido products. Without fear of not being understood, I approached a saleslady and applied a little Cantonese phrase I've so far learned, "Yau mo Shiseido Pureness a?" To my surprise, she understood me and answered me back in Cantonese that almost blew my mind. She led me then to the brand's home shelf and gave me a 100 ml Pureness foaming wash. It was not actually the size I was supposed to buy should there be a smaller one. At that moment, I didn't allow myself to still think of purchasing it. Just a few seconds after, I hurried to the cashier and paid it off. 


It was originally priced at HK 145 but was on a 20% discount so I got it for only HK 116. And right before my card was swiped I was told I could use my points. In total, I just paid HK 95 for the lot. Not bad and expensive as compared to Clarins' foaming cleanser which is HK 225 in Clarins official stores or HK 185 in dispensaries/Sasa's. It is in fact for that reason why I prefer buying in those beauty shops than the official ones. I don't get to bring home with me their fancy shopping bags but I get exactly the same thing at lesser cost.

So, if there's a doubt in your head telling you that your facial wash is not doing you any good, you might just want to throw that thing. Explore different brands there is and it is impossible that don't find your match. Better yet, I highly recommend that you try this Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam because it might just change your face. Or life. 

0 Comments