From time to time, when I get fed up with Italian or Filipino food, I also crave for some Chinese taste. And tonight was that moment. 

We decided to go to Tsim Sha Tsui via the Star Ferry from Central to eat at our favorite dim sum place. For the Chinese, eating dim sum has been part of their dining tradition known as yum cha or drinking tea.  

A very busy yum cha restaurant. (photo from wikipedia)


It was a very breezy ride and I figured that I wasn't prepared for it, clothes-wise. In that instant, I regret not bringing my scarf with me. We still rode anyway.

After getting off the ferry, I told Vin that my hunger heightened from the short yet bumpy and wavy cruise. I kid him that I was getting nearer and nearer to that har gau (shrimp dumpling) that we're craving that I couldn't wait any longer.

As a matter of fact, I already consider ourselves "suki" of the chain in the Food Republic. Most of the time, we eat there whenever we're in the area. If we're not devouring those har gaus, we might be just be eating Burger King, Friday's or UCC. 

Lok yah Lau is the name. Remember that when you get to Silver Cord.

This is it. A fast-food yum cha that we go for most of the time.


Pork siu mai with boiled quail eggs for only HKD 12.


The har gau, which Vin said he wouldn't like to let go in his mouth.  Hehe. Also HKD 12.



Pork spareribs, which I didn't like much because they're messy to eat and I have to spit those ribs out of my lips secretly. Still HKD 12.



Oops, this ain't the Star rice we know but fried rice with seafood and diced pineapples for HKD 38. 

To me, this makes everything a perfect combo for less than HKD 100.



Want some?

Come to HK and experience authentic yum cha. Very different from the Mongkok Restaurant there in Rockwell.  :)

*plugging? :) 

0 Comments