Ever Bilena Off Beat Pink, Clinique Chubby Stick 14, L'Orreal Glam Shine 6H Creamy Peach, MAC Marilyn Monroe Lipstick Pure Zen, Estee Lauder Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick 28 Mocha, MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme You're Perfect Already, Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick 610 Angel, MAC Russian Red
As much as possible, I'd like to keep my daily purses lightweight. Mainly because I get tired carrying them. Haha. Therefore, I could only put so much makeup into my seriously heavy kit.



But everytime I remove one, I would always end up putting it back. Why? Because I feel that I might be needing a particular shade of lipstick on a particular occasion. And the "predicament" goes on. The only way to "resolve" it is to make them handy.

In the case of my lipsticks, or glosses for that matter, I couldn't carry just one. In my kit alone, I carry 8 of different shades and I get to use them simultaneously.

But of those 8, I have, of course, my top 3, namely MAC  Pro Longwear Lipcreme You're Perfect Already, Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick 610 Angel Pink, and MAC Russian Red.




MAC  Pro Longwear Lipcreme You're Perfect Already- this is from the Pro Longwear of MAC. I bought this together with the MAC Hey, Sailor Pro Longwear Lip Pencil Shore Leave because the lady from MAC told me that Pro Longwear lipcremes are of limited edition. Secondly, I bought it because I don't have a nude lipstick as my MAC Blankety is with my sister.  [Which reminds me, I need it back. LOL].

I like this because it is creamy and highly pigmented. It does show some frost when applied but it fades away in a few hours. Though it is creamy, it is lightweight and does not feel heavy on my lips.




It has a shade of peach and certainly applies smoothly on my lips. It is vanilla-scented but not too strong and does not have any taste.

Max Factor Colour Elixir 610 Angel Pink- I've said before that I am not a lipstick person. I was pretty happy not having to apply any throughout the day, even in some occasions where there was a need to. Slowly, I've liked it and "like" became love. And now that I love them, I am getting bolder with the colors. I am straying away from those red and berries shades.

This particular lippie from Max Factor is a bold step as this is different from MAC Saint Germain. On a side note, I got this because, again, my MAC Saint Germain is being enjoyed by my little sisters.

There's a certain mettalic effect when I applied this. The frost is such a highlight and the creaminess is not too heavy. It has a soft candy scent that is also not strong.




The packaging looks expensive-looking with its gold casing and swatch at the bottom. It somehow takes resemblance of Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipsticks. Overall, I like this so much it doesn't leave my makeup kit. I wear it at daytime mostly. Didn't I mention that it's affordable, too? At HK 88, you'd get what you paid for.

MAC Russian Red- You know how conservative Filipinos are, when a woman wears something red, they kinda label them as liberal, "malandi", or worse, "pok-pok" (prostitutes). Even my Dad is like that. Good thing he didn't see me wear this MAC when I was still single. Now, my youngest sister uses this, too, and boy, she's in trouble with him everytime. Haha.

Moving on... this has to be the holy grail of my lipstick collection. If I were to bring just one lipstick for my lifetime to live on a far-flung area, this would have to be in my pocket. And true enough, this is what I carry when I just need to bring a small clutch. This fits nicely with my huge, thin phone.


This is described as “mid-tone neutral red" and is pefect with tan/brown skin. When I apply it, I just put a line on my lower lip and let my lips apply the color on every corner as it is highly pigmented and so rich in color. This is how I tone down the redness. I'm a bit scared I might over-do it that's why I prefer to do it this way.



Do you have your top 3 as well?





0 Comments