Before we left Bangkok, my husband and I went to a gourmet supermarket in Sukhumvit, particularly in Terminal 21 mall.


I bought some curry mixes and some sauces. Because I still have a hangover with Thai food, I cooked up a dish I liked while we were there.



At an eatery near Park Plaza Soi 18, we had this dish with squid and salted egg. It was so tasty we almost didn't finish the beef curry and fish cakes. The sauce was so so salty given that the eggs were already included. When I was trying to make out the taste, it was between sweet and sour and I thought it was sweet and sour in squid version.


At the grocery, I saw a Maggi Oyster Sauce and I knew I had to buy it. It was only 36 baht and only equivalent to HK9. So cheap considering it is 600ml.




Ingredients:

Squid rings
Green or red pepper, cut into squares
Garlic, minced
Onions, cut into chunks
Oyster sauce
2 salted eggs
Spring onions

Procedure:
1. Saute garlic and onion in pan until golden brown. 
2. Add the squid and cook for about 3 minutes. 
3. Add oyster sauce. Simmer. 
4. Add the salted egg. Season to taste.
5. Add the bell pepper to cook. 
6. Top with spring onions.

Voila! Thai food in less than 5 minutes!

0 Comments