I've been having quite a few sleepless nights lately, been tossing and turning before I finally dose off.  I've been thinking about this new "craze" of mine for weeks and I just had to satisfy myself with it over and over and over until I either get better at it or I get tired of it.

Well, it's DIY-ing. I've been obsessing about accessories which I think I can do on my own. I was even "researching" DIY websites, browsing photos for project ideas..  Hmmm, ok, I am kinda convincing myself that I can. As much as I want to be creative, I can only be so up to a certain degree.

But so far, I've done a pretty good job. I have to say that so I can justify the money I've been investing (the word is "invest") on this.



The other night, I was able to make some beaded bracelet for me and my husband. I used turquoise beads since it is summer. And because my husband wanted to wear one, I decided it has to in blue, a color dictated by norm to identify a man. Anyway, we wore it yesterday and it was very couple-like. We aren't that mushy to be wearing couple T-shirts, but I think we can do this "his-hers braclets" more often.  :)



In everything I do, I make sure I give out my best and most of the time I challenge myself. And even in this new-found-hobby of mine, I force myself to produce something nice.... something sellable? Haha. So I am on a trial-and-error stage and I want to experiment and gauge how intricate I can get. Here are some of my finished products now.


vintage DIY ring from a button


silver ring finder and faux gemstone


DIY pearl bib necklace
gold chain, ribbon and pearls


And if you are thinking you can just find DIY materials in Divisoria, I was surprised to find them in Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong. Before I got there I was imagining they will only be available in some fancy store. But when I walked the street of Pei Ho, it felt like I was walking the streets of Divisoria.



These stores are lined up in the street. I entered the store one by one and every store has a litte something to offer.  And when I saw this store (below), the beads they sell in assorted color, texture, size and shape are free for the taking.



Like Candy Corner, you can shovel all the beads you want and put them on a bag. I was scrutinising each bead, making sure I get the tones of color I like. At checkout, they weighed all the stuff I got.

My "shop-hopping" stretched a few blocks away. My husband actually accompanied me in my two consecutive trips there. Then finally, he told me with all honesty that he will no longer come with me the next time. Now, he actually cringes whenever I mention "Sham Shui Po". Because poor him, he had to wait outside of EACH and every store for me for about 10-15 minutes each. 

If it weren't any benefit for him, it was definitely worthwhile for me. Now, I have stacks of accessories I can use everyday, even all at once. Truth to that, I have more than enough beads to make which will get me through a year. I'm hoping now that with all these, I wouldn't spend a dollar on those H&M accessories I'm been drooling over.

0 Comments